This article was originally published by the Technology Association of Oregon and can be viewed here.
During this unprecedented time, Technology Association of Oregon will be featuring the benefits and value that TAO member companies can provide to our greater community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ashish Vatsal of Point B discusses how his company can help with business continuity and incident response planning support.
TAO Member Company: Point B
Give us a short intro to your business:
Point B, Inc. is a local, employee-owned business consulting firm that helps organizations form, execute and thrive.
What resources can your business offer the community during the COVID pandemic?:
The company helps customers plan for and understand disaster and pandemic implications with expertise and empathy in key areas, including:
- Understanding and Driving Business Continuity Across All Parts of an Organization: Understand and create a holistic plan for current and future crisis concerns and impacts.
- Driving Rapid & Sustainable Cost Reduction: Achieve transformational and sustainable cost reduction by rapidly eliminating non/low-value activity through automation, process optimization and consolidation, and converting unproductive capacity to higher value purpose.
- Transforming Operations into a Competitive Advantage: Identify the key assets of an organization, map them to market conditions and customer needs, and create a competitive strategy that builds on areas of strengths.
- Realizing Return of Technology Investments: Get the most out of your spend by developing better ways to collaborate with IT to deliver valuable insights through a keen understanding of data.
- Creating a Customer-Focused Culture: Help your organization become future-ready by building a unique, authentic culture and combing human, physical, digital and machine dimensions that are right for you.
What is the best way for the community to get in touch?:
Please visit pointb.com or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how Point B can help you during times of rapid change.
What's your favorite way to pass the time during self-quarantine?:
In the Portland office we compiled a list of our favorite recipes into a cookbook a few years ago. I've been having fun going through them and making elaborate meals at home. Sometimes on video chat with family and friends.
What's one thing that helps you stay positive or gives you hope during difficult times?:
Spending quality time with our 9-month-old son. It's amazing to explore the wonders of the world through his eyes. It reminds me that everything will be OK.