This large pharmacy and retailer with over $60 billion in brick-and-mortar revenue wanted to increase the value of its e-commerce site by enhancing the product promotion platform and improving the customer experience. The client engaged Point B to improve its product merchandising capabilities and website experience.
Redefining strategy and building on innovation
Point B helped the online merchandising team redefine its strategy and organizational structure while building an innovative product management capability. We helped the client:
- Implement new merchandising tools to quickly promote products in the right place, at the right time.
- Create a prioritization process to invest in website features that would drive revenue.
- Deploy a “product management” team to own the customer experience and increase coordination between the business and technology.
- Improve vendor processes to quickly increase the number of products sold on the site.
- Institute a product management and merchandising infrastructure that will support the client’s growth for years.
Reaching customers and increasing revenue
The client achieved a 15% increase in daily sales as more products came online more quickly. Additionally:
- Online revenue increased 100% on key holiday shopping days.
- Website usability improved, increasing conversion rates and average order value.
- Collaboration across merchandising, product management, design, and technology teams improved.