Erik Steffensen is a Principal with Point B Property Development. He has over 19 years of experience spanning real estate development, management consulting and engineering disciplines. Erik has led multiple projects from conception through stabilization and disposition totaling over 4 million square feet and over $800MM in value, ranging from market rate and affordable apartments, senior and student housing, master plan communities, mixed-use and retail projects, as well as industrial developments. Prior to joining Point B, Erik founded and led his own real estate consulting and investment firm, Easton Harbor, and held roles as Vice President of Multifamily for Conor Commercial Real Estate, a National developer of multifamily, healthcare, and industrial properties, and Development Executive for the United Group of Companies, an New York based multifamily and industrial development and management company.
Erik’s previous experience also includes consulting and management roles for Charter Consulting, National City Bank, US Freightways, Mercedes-Benz, and HNI Corporation.
Erik holds an MBA in Finance and Strategic Management from the University Of Chicago Booth School Of Business where he taught leadership, management, and team dynamics through the LEAD Program, and a BS in chemical engineering from the University of Iowa where he participated in research in fuel cell technology and atmospheric climate change. He is a member of the Urban Land Institute, the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, and the Booth Real Estate Alumni Group, and also donates his time to nonprofit organizations through the Booth Alumni Nonprofit Consulting group and Habitat for Humanity. Erik resides in Chicago with his wife Jessica and enjoys aviation, skiing, golf, racquet sports, and keeping up with his two daughters.
- Member, Urban Land Institute Chicago
- Booth Alumni Nonprofit Consulting volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity Volunteer
- Member, Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Member, Booth Real Estate Alumni Group
- Member, Real Estate Investment Association
- MBA – Finance and Strategic Management, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- BS – Chemical Engineering, University of Iowa
- Helping a Global Workforce ‘Grow Without Growing’ — Case Studies
- Pondering a Permanent Move to Remote Work? — Insights
- Banks Without Branches — Insights
- Profits Hiding in Your Office, and How to Find Them — Executive Viewpoints
- The Next Normal: Back to the Office — Insights