I’ve spent over 20 years in the consulting industry serving clients in a wide array of industries, including: manufacturing, healthcare, retail, government and high-tech. The common thread across all these engagements is the drive to help clients improve performance, increase margins, and become more competitive. My roles have included programmer, business analyst, project leader, program manager and interim executive in a range of environments from Fortune 500 companies to three-person startups.
As a leader inside Point B my passion has been developing a one-of-a-kind employee-ownership opportunity for people by challenging the status quo and starting first with the idea that we exist for the benefit of our people. My belief is that people will contribute their best talents to clients and partners when they feel empowered to always do the right thing, put others’ interests ahead of our own, and have a stake in the ultimate outcome by owning their company.
- Board Member, Board of Trustees, National MS Society
- Past Board Chair, Board of Trustees, National MS Society - Oregon Chapter
- Past Board Chair, Board of Trustees, Trauma Intervention Program of Portland/Vancouver
- Head Coach, Youth Sports
- BA, University of Washington
- Executive Development, Building New Ventures Program, Harvard University
- Executive Development, M&A Strategy Program, University of Chicago
- Rolling Your Eyes at Employee Engagement? It Could Cost You. — Executive Viewpoints
- Get real about culture. — Executive Viewpoints
- The 2021 Imperative: Put People First — Executive Viewpoints
- Welcoming 2020: A Letter from Mike Pongon — Executive Viewpoints
- Time to Vote: A Letter from Mike Pongon — Executive Viewpoints
- Finding the Time to Be Exceptional — Executive Viewpoints
- From One Leader to Another: Are You OK? — Executive Viewpoints