Using Bold Goals to Drive Accountability
Saying yes to three complex initiatives helps us concentrate our resources. We've set concrete goals around our carbon-negative commitment, responsible sourcing, and giving that triples our community impact.
- Carbon negative by 2030
- Responsible Sourcing
- 3X (tripled) community giving
When you want your impact to resonate, go big. Radical, ambitious, and well underway describes our goal to reach carbon-negative emissions by 2030.
Our commitment also extends to removing historical indirect emissions from our supply chain and all emissions our company has created since our founding in 1995.
Here's where we've landed to date:
- We've achieved and maintained Climate Neutral Certification, since 2021, addressing over 10,000 mTCO2e — one of the first large-scale consulting firms to do so.
- We've signed a letter of commitment to the industry-leading Science Based Targets Initiative.
- We're reimagining our carbon-intensive and intrinsic business processes.
Creating a culture that celebrates progress versus perfection helps us take our sustainability and social responsibility efforts even further.
We began prioritizing responsible sourcing in 2019. Currently, we spend the majority (61%) of our operational budget with suppliers who meet or exceed the standards we set.
Five goals shape our program:
- Drive greater impact.
- Emphasize local.
- Mitigate risk.
- Develop deeper partnerships.
- Reach 100%.
As we continue to move forward, we're grateful we've found so many suppliers who share our commitment to sustainable, inclusive, and responsible business. Strengthening these partnerships and being part of a larger network working toward positive change together has given us additional insights to share.
Amplifying community impact can take many forms. We've found that a customized, "skills-to-needs" approach works best. We channel time, talent, and other resources into actions that help:
- Accelerate positive social change.
- Create a prosperous future for all.
- Extend responsible business practices.
Concrete goals boost accountability. We seek to:
- Directly engage 30 community organizations through knowledge sharing, board support, and office sharing.
- Ensure 33% of associates advance their contributions to community organizations.
- Spearhead measurable business impact for our ESG customers (900 projects across 15 industry segments).
- Train 50% of all associates on triple bottom line corporate sustainable development.
- Maintain carbon neutrality and level up to carbon negative status.
- Foster local economic growth through philanthropy and pro-bono consulting.